Team Leader Job Description1 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Hiring a Team Leader? Use this job description template to attract the best people to apply for the open position.
Pro Tip: Use Personality Assessment to identify the best candidates among your applicants.
As a Team Leader, you will build and develop your team by identifying training needs, providing coaching and continuous monitoring of your department. Additionally, you will be responsible for tracking and reporting your department’s metrics and liaising with other departments to share learnings.
- Providing direction, instruction and guidance to individual team members
- Compiling and submitting reports on team progress and tasks completed
- Developing plans and strategy to complete all required tasks, delegating activities and providing direction to your team members
- Monitoring team participation levels and responding appropriately to positive or negative activity in the team
- Processing requirements for additional training for team members if necessary
- Motivating team members, providing guidance and support where required
- Playing a significant role in recruitment and onboarding activities
- 2+ years people management skills
- Leadership skills with a creative, confident and motivational approach
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Previous management experience
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to train and learn new skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks, whilst working in a fast-paced environment
- Team building capability with the ability to encourage and inspire the team towards a common goal
- Competent user of Microsoft Office tools
List the benefits your company offer and ensure you stand out among other employers.
See what are the most desirable employee benefits.
Hiring Team Leaders? Use Atomic Hire to increase the efficiency of your recruitment process.