Product Owner Job Description2 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Hiring a Product Owner? Use this job description template to attract the best people to apply for the open position.
Pro Tip: Use General Cognitive Ability Assessment to identify the best candidates among your applicants.
As a Product Owner, you will take complete ownership of critical business KPIs and add real value to our end customers. You will be the customer’s voice and work closely with delivery teams to translate vision and ideas into features, detailed requirements and acceptance criteria. To succeed in this role, you need to be a creative problem-solver and have the ability to focus on the highest value initiatives, identifying solutions, and making quick decisions.
- Supporting the creation of the product vision and roadmap
- Providing clear direction to a cross-functional, agile team of Engineers, Product Designers, and Technical Program Managers
- Making recommendations on business opportunities for growth
- Building, grooming, prioritizing and communicating the product backlog
- Researching, defining and recommending solid specifications of features for new and current products
- Helping develop product vision for the technical teams
- Managing the product backlog, creating actionable user stories, writing and executing acceptance tests
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Collecting and analyzing feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in product management
- Strong entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to deliver innovative solutions to high-impact challenges
- Experience working directly with designers and software engineers
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills
List the benefits your company offer and ensure you stand out among other employers.
See what are the most desirable employee benefits.
Hiring Product Owners? Use Atomic Hire to increase the efficiency of your recruitment process.