CFO Job Description2 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Hiring a CFO? Use this job description template to attract the best people to apply for the open position.
Pro Tip: Use General Cognitive Ability Assessment to identify the best candidates among your applicants.
As the CFO, you will be responsible for all financial aspects of the business. You will drive the company strategy, commercial decision making and ultimately be responsible for the financial development of the company. You will interact and communicate directly with the operations team, founders, the board and external parties. You will work closely with the CEO to ensure that the business objectives are met.
- Overseeing all financial aspects of the business, including current and future performance
- Leading key processes such as forecasts, operating plans, periodic business reviews and strategic planning
- Developing and executing on appropriate financial targets for the various parts of the business
- Identifying risk and opportunities and working with the business to maximise revenue and profitability while ensuring sustainable growth
- Providing sound commercial advice and financial support to senior stakeholders and decision-makers
- Managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including auditors, tax advisors, banking relationships, vendors and business partners
- Leading financial planning and reporting function
- Continually automating, streamlining and improving current reporting, operational and accounting processes to improve business efficiency
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- CA, CIMA, CFA, CPA or equivalent professional qualification in Finance
- 7+ years of experience developing financial and strategic plans
- Ability to present and translate complex financial information
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Team player, dynamic, and strong people management skills
List the benefits your company offer and ensure you stand out among other employers.
See what are the most desirable employee benefits.
Hiring a CFO? Use Atomic Hire to increase the efficiency of your recruitment process.