Bookkeeper Job Description1 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Hiring a Bookkeeper? Use this job description template to attract the best people to apply for the open position.
Pro Tip: Use General Cognitive Ability Assessment to identify the best candidates among your applicants.
As a Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for the daily accounting duties and financial transactions. To succeed in this position, you need excellent analytical, problem-solving, time management and communication skills.
- Performing bookkeeping tasks
- Performing monthly, quarterly, and annual closing procedures
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- Communicating with banks
- Overseeing payments and reporting to social security, tax authorities, etc.
- Handling employees expenses and travel report reimbursements
- Overseeing credit card activities and reconciliations
- Performing general finance duties and ad-hoc special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent
- Bookkeeping Certificate
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly organized and reliable with strong attention to detail
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written skills
List the benefits your company offer and ensure you stand out among other employers.
See what are the most desirable employee benefits.
Hiring Bookkeepers? Use Atomic Hire to increase the efficiency of your recruitment process.