Account Executive Job Description2 min readReading Time: < 1 minute
Hiring an Account Executive? Use this job description template to attract the best people to apply for the open position.
Pro Tip: Use Personality Assessment to identify the best candidates among your applicants.
As an Account Executive, you will build solid client relationships and play a primary role in client work. You will be responsible for developing and managing a sales pipeline and maintaining ongoing business relationships. You will work in cooperation with other departments to ensure the company meets and exceeds customer expectations both in performance and process. To succeed in this position, you need to be skilled in project management and communication in addition to being a natural team player and problem solver.
- Developing action plans that support the company’s overall business objectives
- Providing valuable feedback to management to improve sales and marketing strategies
- Owning the sales cycle by researching, prospecting, marketing, cold-calling, presenting, and closing
- Acting as a liaison between accounts and company departments on all matters
- Working collaboratively with the marketing department to execute sales strategy
- Closely following market trends
- Providing pro-active thought leadership to target accounts
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of sales related experience
- Ability to develop and articulate strategy recommendations
- Skilled in handling direct client contact and providing client counsel
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong research and analytical critical thinking skills
- Superior organizational skills, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Seasoned client leadership and counselling skills
- Ability to manage and mentor team
- Tech-savvy with solid computer skills
List the benefits your company offer and ensure you stand out among other employers.
See what are the most desirable employee benefits.
Hiring Account Executives? Use Atomic Hire to increase the efficiency of your recruitment process.